All of what I eat is healthy, gluten free, and easy to fix. I will start with the foods and drinks I consume regularly, and then I will go into some specific nutritional benefits from certain foods and drinks on my list.
Foods I Eat Regularly
- Raw Quaker Oats with Raw Honey
- Organic Jasmine Rice
- Sweet Potatoes
- Himalania Dark Chocolate Hemp Seeds
- Cinnamon Chex (I eat a ridiculous amount of this cereal)
- Baked Apples
- Chia Seeds
- Gluten Free Pretzels
- Cheese (very limited)
- Grilled Chicken (once or twice a week)
- Cape Cod Chips Original
- Homemade Vanilla or Dutch Chocolate Blue Bell Ice Cream
- Coffee (every morning)
- Crystal Lite (the worst thing I put in my body)
- Essentia Water (ionized alkaline water)
- Chocolate Milk
Quick Science Facts
- Chromium assists the body in processing carbohydrates.
- Magnesium improves oxygen delivery which is essential in aerobic activities.
- Potassium maintains fluid and electrolyte levels in the body.
- Iron deficiency is common in runners and causes fatigue and reduced performance.
Nutrient Packed Foods
- 2tbsp. of Himalania Dark Cholcolate Hemp seeds has. 5g Omega 3, 1.5g Omega 6, 8% iron, 15% copper, and 15% magnesium.
- Chia Seeds have omega 3’s, potassium, iron, calcium, and magnesium.
- 1/2 c. of dry Gluten Free Quaker Oats has 10% magnesium, 8% iron, 4% potassium, and 5g of protein.
- Most cereal is packed full of vitamins and minerals.
- Chocolate milk is great to drink after a hard run or race. It has the right amount of protien and carbs to help with recovery.
- Not only does coffee help me wake up in the morning, it opens up the airways. (If I feel an asthma attack coming on I get my rescue inhaler first, then I make myself a cup of coffee.)
- One cup of sweet potatoes has 12% potassium and 8% magnesium.