For most of the year, I drink Essentia Water before and after running, but in the summer when temperatures are near 100 degrees, I use Trace Minerals Electrolyte Stamina Power Paks to help me stay hydrated. Being a Texas native, I adjust to the scorching temperatures pretty easily, but water is not enough during summer training.
Why is this my #1 Electrolyte Supplement?
- 1 gram of sugar per packet
- 15 calories per packet
- Gluten Free
- Allergen Free
- One 30 count box lasts me all summer in Texas
- I can drink a little bit before a long run and not get a stomach ache. (Gatorade and other sugary sports drinks do not agree with many runners’ stomachs before running.)
- After a long 14+ mile summer run in Texas, drinking one packet mixed with 6-8 oz. of water replenishes my energy and prevents me from feeling drained by the heat.
- One packet can be mixed in as little as 2-3 oz of water. I use 4-8 oz.
- There are 7 different flavors. I like Orange Blast. The other flavors are Cherry Limeade, Lemon Lime, Mixed Berry, Pom-Blueberry, Raspberry, and Tangerine.
- I am able to eat soon after a hard summer run when I stay hydrated with Trace Minerals Electrolyte Stamina Power Paks.
With the temperatures as high as they are this early in the year, I am getting ready to order my box of Trace Minerals Electrolyte Stamina Power Paks from Amazon. They can also be purchased from Whole Foods and GNC.