I am excited to announce that I have been chosen to receive The Unique Blogger Award, and I want to thank Alphonso for nominating me. It seems as though we nominated each other for different awards at the same time. He is one of my nominees listed on the last award that I received! I urge everyone to check out his blog. It is hard to sum up his blog in a short concise paragraph. From his rants and bucket list posts to his funny personal stories about dating and stolen cars all the way to his fictional stories, his blog has something for everyone to enjoy reading. My personal favorite is They See Me Rollin’.
The rules for accepting this award are as follows…
- Share the link of the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them 3 questions
Alphonso’s Questions, My Answers
1. Out of the blog posts that you have published, which one is your favorite and why?
My favorite blog posts to write and publish are my Race Recaps, and out of all of the race recaps I have written, the St. Paddy’s Dash Down Greenville 5k Race Recap is my all time favorite. I had a clear plan going into this race that I executed successfully ending with a huge PR. The words flowed effortlessly as I wrote this report. This was a feel good race which translated to a feel good fun to read race recap.
2. What is a unique fact about yourself that you have not covered in your blog?
This one is pretty easy to answer. There are many unknown facts about me that I could have chosen from, but my answer fell into my lap the other day when I was talking to my son about car racing. Our conversation about racing led to talking about car chases which reminded me of a fact that not many people know about me. Fact. Every time I watch The Italian Job I fall asleep during that long car chase with the Mini Cooper. Every time without fail. Car chases put me to sleep. Period.
3. What advice would you give to a new/future Blogger?
Aside from have fun, be patient with yourself and don’t be afraid to hit publish, I would say…Read other WordPress blogs on the WordPress Reader. Following, enjoying, and supporting other blogs is something I wish I had done immediately after launching my blog. The greatest blogger support I have found on my journey as a blogger has been through other WordPress blogs. I joined Blogger Groups on Facebook, which all seemed to be about self promotion, and I struggled to relate to other bloggers within those groups. However, on the reader you can search by tag and in turn find blogs with similar topics or blogs that you are interested in reading about. I am not a huge reader, and I am fairly picky about which blogs I chose to read. Regardless, I have found several blogs that I follow and check on, read, and comment on daily. The support from other WordPress Bloggers is pretty amazing. If you genuinely support another Blogger, they will support you too.
And now for my Nominees…
- Cat H. Bradley
- The Half Arsed Runner
- Inexorable Spark
- Olive Tree by the Sea
- Beauty and the Ballroom
- Alasdair McGill
- Milford Street
And my 3 questions…
1. If you were to start another blog, what kind of blog would it be and why? Or, if you already have another blog, what kind of blog is it and why did you start this blog?
2. What is the funniest blogging experience that you have had throughout your blogging journey? (‘Your blogging blooper’ moment!)
3. Do you have a post that you wish you never published and why? If not, do you have a post that you wish more people viewed? Which one and why? (Include a link ; )
Again, I want to give a special shout out to Alphonso who nominated me for this award!