Thank you, Alphonso for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I have been reading Alphonso’s blog ever since I started blogging in February. He is a runner as well, however most of his blog posts are about other topics. His blog is by far the most creative blog I have come across and I encourage everyone to check it out! He just started his Flashback Friday series which includes one of his earlier blog posts. He also has the longest Bucket List I have ever seen. The Bucket List Updates include how each activity/challenge was completed. Check it out!
Rule #3 states that I must name my favorite blog to read and explain why it is my favorite.
When I discovered The Runninger, I knew right away that this blog would become one of my favorite blogs to read. Tony is a fast long distance runner that trains and races in running sandals, specifically Gladsoles Trail 2.0 in Port Macquarie, Australia. He blogs about his training, upcoming races, and running related topics. Earlier this year he ran a sub 3 hour marathon in Seoul, South Korea. Here is a link to his race report. Seoul Marathon 2017. He just completed a beast of a marathon called Beach to Brother on an unseasonably hot day (it reached 34 C), and he will begin training for the Canberra Marathon in 2018. The pictures he posts of Australia are stunning, and his marathon experience is evident in his writing and race results. I thoroughly enjoy reading about his experiences as a marathoner on the other side of the world!
Alphonso’s Questions that must be answered!
1~ If you had to delete your entire blog but could keep just one post which one would it be and why?
A Runner’s Satisfaction because without intending to, I described what my blog is about.
2~ If you were to write a short (<25 words) note to your future self, say ten years from now, what one thing would you like to tell them.
If you are still running, keep going. If not, stop reading and go for a run.
3~ If you had to choose a different topic to blog about what would it be? (what else are you passionate about enough to write about?)
I would write about math and different ways/strategies to teach math concepts to kids/teens.
4~ What is your favorite blog to read? (freebie, stolen from rule #3, you’re welcome)
5~ If you were to host an event for the bloggers that you nominated for this award to meet in person what would you do? (be advised, I’m going to go ahead and invite myself) (including blogger from #4 as well)
This one is easy. We would go for a run! Then we would have coffee at Starbucks!
6~ What other awards have you been nominated for?
7~ You’re a time traveler, where do you go? (I mean “when do you go”)
If I was a time traveler on a bad day, I would go to tomorrow. If I was a time traveler on a good day, I would go back to morning to have more coffee.
8~ What would you do if you won the lottery? (Say 1 million dollars)
I would put the money into savings. Then I would use it sparingly as needed. For a new car AC or for random home repairs. Additionally, I would find some way to help others, but right now I am not sure what the best way to do that is. I wouldn’t change much in my life though.
9~ 6/2(1+2)+2=? (Hint, It’s my favorite number)
10~ Who you gonna call? (By far the most important question that you will ever be asked)
I don’t ask for help much. In an emergency emergency, my husband. Aside from him, my friend Stacey.
My 10 Questions That Must be Answered
1. What is your favorite racing distance and why?
2. Why did you start running?
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
4. What was your first blog post about? (include a link)
5. Are there any posts that you wish you didn’t publish? (include a link )
6. What is your favorite part about blogging?
7. Have you read about any races, run by other runners, that you would like to one day compete in?
8. What was the last thing you ate?
9. What is your favorite blog to read and why is it your favorite? (taken from rule #3, and from Alphonso!)(include links)
10. Are you going to accept this award? (Some do, some don’t. It’s completely up to you! I get it! I do it to promote my blog and other blogs that I enjoy so much! No worries if you don’t. I still love all of your blogs anyway.)
And the nominees are…
Here are the Rules for Accepting this Nomination
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog .
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (optional)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers.
- List these rules in your post. Official Rules found Here! Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
And if you can’t see Rule #5 it says, ‘Answer my 10 questions!’
Thanks for reading! And blogging!